Monday, November 19, 2007

SHEER ENTERTAINMENT

The only thing dumber than these two guys flexing

at each other is the fact that this fight is on PPV.




Over the past few months I've been reading and watching interviews with Ricardo Mayorga and Fernando Vargas. I will say that I have learned a few things:

1. They are both very funny.

2. They are both very stupid.

3. They are not getting my money.

I truly feel that the best part of this fight has been the lead up to it. I'm not sure what i laugh at more, Mayorga's completely original insults towards Vargas “You see this fat girl in this photo?(showing a picture of Vargas) This is the fat girl I am going to knock out. I would like to introduce her to you today. She is Fernando Vargas." or perhaps I find more humor in watching Fernando take his shirt off every two seconds to show off his flabby physique.(I say that only because he is supposed to be an elite athlete, he is still in far better shape than I have ever been in.) Watching the two of them at their final presser had me laughing out loud at times and crying a little on the inside. With these two idiots standing on opposite sides of a piece of plexi glass, shouting at each other as if they were at recess comparing your mama's fat jokes, I can't help but laugh. Yet, it's sad to think that boxing has crossed that line that separated it from the world of professional wrestling. I hope people don't pay for this fight. This is exactly what's wrong with boxing. Trying to hype up two has been fighters by having outrageous pressers and making it seem like these two guys have genuine dislike for each other. I don't care if they like each other or not, they are getting paid to fight so that's what they're gonna do! I wouldn't be surprised to hear on Saturday that someone got hit over the head with a steel chair and the ref didn't see it. This could be a fun fight, but that doesn't make it worth paying for. In the end just remember it can't be more fun than the pressers have been, and that's because those were free. I will also give you my prediction for free. I think Vargas has been shot for a while and was exposed by Mosley. PREDICTION: Mayorga TKO 8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the blog owner. What a blog! nice idea.