Thursday, December 06, 2007

PREDICTION IN THE FORM OF POETRY


Twas' three days to go for the fight,
and there are 30,000 Brits stirring all through the Vegas night.
The gloves are hung in the locker rooms with care,
just waiting for fists to fly through the air.

Boxing fans are not sleeping too well,
they're waiting anxiously for the ring of the opening bell.
My mom's not a boxing fan but even she has asked,
what is my prediction in who will be standing last.

24/7 has made my mouth water for weeks,
I just wish I had never seen Ricky Hatton's cheeks.
Even though it came and went in a flash,
I will repeat, I really didn't need to see his pale white ash.

Before you know it, they'll juke and they'll jive,
I don't think there's any way it ends inside of five.
Hatton will go to the body Mayweather to the head,
I'm so excited after the fight I could probably drop dead.

Mayweather is slick, Hatton is tough,
Ricky's best chance is to make this one rough.
Mayweather will use all his speed and skill,
to stay on the outside and try to break Ricky's will.

I don't think this will go the distance at all,
I just want it to end in a brawl.
I don't see Hatton's hand being raised,
What I do see is poor Ricky going down in a blaze.

Mayweather doesn't take fights he thinks he could lose,
he picked the hitman, someone he thinks he can abuse.
Hatton will fall around eight or even nine,
he is not suited for the 140 to 147lb. incline.

The loser should not be ashamed of the outcome,
just risking their records is more than most have done.
All in all I just want to see a good fight,
holy good gosh, I wish they could square off tonight!







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!

THE BRYGUY said...

Thank You Jayme.

Anonymous said...

UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME. Highly creative. Bravo is right!

THE BRYGUY said...

Ok, thank you Boom-Boom and thank you jayme!

The Sports Buzz said...

You're welcome bryguy, for whatever I did.

Tim -- tstarks2@gmail.com said...

Good lord. What entertainment.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the owner of this blog. Ive enjoyed reading this topic.