Friday, November 09, 2007

PREDICTION
JEAN MARC MORMECK(33-3,22KO) vs. DAVID HAYE(19-1,18KO)


I can not stress enough how disappointed I am that I have to watch this fight after the fact on youtube. Someone with some brains should have picked up the rights to this fight. I would have even paid a cheap PPV fee to see this fight.

These are two solid fighters with big time punches and world class skill. Both guys could probably move to heavyweight and do pretty well. I'm glad they stayed at the 200 pound limit though. David Haye has one loss for depending too much on his power. He may very well need to have an all around game to dispose of "The Marcsman". Mormeck looked very good in defeating O'Niel Bell in their rematch earlier in the year. I don't see this fight going the distance, both fighter have power and like to use it. I have to lean towards "The Hayemaker" to take this fight. He is younger and quite an impressive right hand. While waiting for this fight he tried his hand at heavyweight and ended things in quick fashion, destroying Tomasz Bonin(37-1) in 1:45 of the first round. Haye has lost only once and only gone the distance once, I don't see this fight being any different than his other wins. He will try and stay on the outside and bomb away on Mormeck's dome with the effect sinking somewhere late in the fight. PREDICTION: HAYE TKO 8

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not going to predict Cotto versus Mosley?!

Shame on you

THE BRYGUY said...

Relax! I was busy last night I wanted to get that one in first because of the six hour time difference. There was no telling what time I was going to sleep till today!

Anonymous said...

Ive read this topic for some blogs. But I think this is more informative.