Thursday, July 05, 2007

NEW ENGLAND GOLDEN GLOVES

Two years ago I got to do a story on the New England Golden Gloves tournament in Lowell Massachusetts. It was one of the best boxing events I've been too. There were Olympic hopefuls(Demetrius "Boo-Boo"Andrade, Edwin Rodriquez) and guys just trying to prove they could compete on this level. Many good fighters have come through the Lowell Gloves including Lowell's own Micky Ward, Rocky Marciano and current Cruiserweight contender Matt Godfrey. If you ever get a chance to catch one of the shows I highly recommend it.
Let me know what you think of the story.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent piece! Footage of a few knock downs, larry merchant interviewing mike tyson, and some subtitles when mickey ward spoke would have made it award winning.

Anonymous said...

Hey...I got your link from The Sports Buzz myspace page. I was at the fights that night and your piece made me feel like I was there all over again. You really captured the blood, sweat, and tears of the evening. Good stuff. Put up more!

Anonymous said...

Excellent piece Bryguy. This is where the sports is at its best. Hungry fighters and no BS. Can I get a DVD of this?

The Lefty said...

Looks good- nice to et the feedback. People love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bryguy...my TV show is dying to do a good boxing story. Would you happen to know of any local fighters/trainers that have a good story to tell? Let me know and we can get them on the air! Thanks Bryguy!