Thursday, July 12, 2007

CALZAGHE - KESSLER CLASH


It was announced that the top two Super Middleweights in the world will face off on Novermber 3rd in Cardiff Wales. This is the fight fans have been waiting for and I thought it would never get done. I figured it would be too easy and too enticing for Calzaghe to meet up with bigger name opponents for bigger money(Bernard Hopkins, Jermain Taylor). I love this fight! These are two undefeated, PROVEN fighters, laying it all on the line for the fans(I'm sure they're making a pretty penny too, but I like to think they're doing this for me). There's no doubt in my mind that Millennium Stadium will be sold out, the fight will not disappoint, and I will be ordering wings. (The wings will be washed down with Moosehead of course). I will not give a prediction till we get closer to the fight, instead I have decided to list five other fights I feel have to get made.

ricky-hatton-04malignaggi

5. RICKY HATTON vs. PAULIE MALIGNAGGI
Everyone is talking about Hatton taking on Mayweather, I would prefer to see him take on Malignaggi first. Ricky is a straight ahead in your face brawler, while Paulie is a slick boxer. I would like to see which would prevail between these two. If "The Hitman" gets past "The Magic Man" then I'd would say he is ready for Mayweather. I enjoyed the Cotto-Malignaggi fight and I think this one could be similar. Not only that, both Hatton and Malignaggi are funny guys, I bet the press conference would be as entertaining as the fight!


mosleycotto
4. SHANE MOSLEY vs. MIGUEL COTTO
This fight is very possible now that Paul Williams beat Antonio Margarito over the weekend. I was actually rooting for Williams so that this fight could happen. I would love to see these two superstars square off, power vs. speed. Would Cotto be able to break down "Sugar Shane" the same way he has everyone else in his path? Would Shane's speed and experience overwhelm the young star? The hype for this fight would amazing, and unlike Mayweather-Delahoya I think this one would deliver in the end.


box_a_pacquiao_marquez_275
3. MANNY PACQUIAO vs. JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ II
In their first fight it looked like it would be an early night for the "Pacman" as he knocked down Marquez three times in the first round. As the fight went on Marquez starting putting rounds in the bank, and would eventually come back to get the draw. Both fighters have improved, and moved up a weight class since then. I think the fight would be all fireworks and would probably set up a third fight no matter who comes out with the win.


dawson3Johnson
2. CHAD DAWSON vs. GLEN JOHNSON
"Bad" Chad Dawson is one fast rising young star in a division full of old men. I would love to see how Dawson handles the constant pressure from the "Road Warrior". I think eventually Chad could move up to Cruiserweight or even heavyweight and make some noise, but I would like to see him clean up the Light Heavies first. I think he should start with Johnson and move on to Clinton Woods and perhaps even send Roy Jones into retirement.


BryGuyBudLightMark_Phillippousis
1. THE BRYGUY vs. MARK PHILIPPOUSSIS
This one would be a fight for the ages, and done out of shear jealousy. I hated Mark "The Playa" Philippoussis when I heard about his dating show Age of Love(a.k.a Cougers vs. Kittens). This guy doesn't need any help getting women, why hand him thirteen to pick from? Not only that, in episode three "The Playa" sent home my favorite Coug Lynn and my second favorite kitten, Adalaide. As if I wasn't angry enough after that, it seems my all around favorite Megan is destined to be voted off soon as well. Philippoussis needs to stopped and I'm just the guy to stop him. Also once he is out of the way I would like to start my own dating show called "Age of The Bryguy". What you think? That would work right?






No comments: