Tuesday, July 25, 2006

THE BRYGUY IS SO STUPID!

I have calculated my average of my predictions for the year and it's not good! I have been wrong 80% of the time. That is absolutely horrific. If I thought that was going to happen I never would have started this stupid blog. Enough people in my life know how dumb I am, I don't have to advertise it on the internet.(Like I just did.) I am going to examine my pics thus far in 2006 and explain myself. I'm in hopes that my fans(all three of them) won't lose faith. Right now I am 2 for 10.

The Good:

Coralles over Castillo
I know what you're thinking, the fight never happened. Well I predicted that forcing Castillo to make weight was going to be his downfall. I thought it would've happened in the ring, but I'll take the TKO at the scales.

Hopkins over Tarver
This one was pretty easy Hopkins is a much better fighter at any weight. I won't say I thought it would be a schooling, but I was pretty confident he would get the W.

The Bad:

Taylor over Wright
I say it's in between because I think Taylor won a razor thin decision. I know some saw it the other way butit's too close to call.

The Ugly:

Gatti over Baldomir
I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I thought Gatti would have more in the tank. From the get go he seemed flat and tired. I don't know if perhaps Baldomir was hurting him right away or he just grew old over night. Looking back I guess I liked Gatti too much too see he wasn't that great in his last fight. And maybe his thrashing to Mayweather wasn't just pretty boy but also Gatti losing a step or two.

Vargas over Mosley
This one I just got into the hype too much. When they announced the rematch I said there is no way Mosley would lose to Vargas. As the fight got closer I believed all the things about Shane not wanting to take the fight. I also thought Vargas would be so desperate he would pull it out.

Lacy over Calzaghe
Lacy's my boy and still is. I think he's a class act and a fun fighter to watch. I didn't pick against him then and won't in the future.

Malignaggi over Cotto
Let's just say I took a shot in the dark. I knew it wouldn't be easy but I had heard of Cotto's problems with weight, and firmly believed that Paulie had a style that fit. I'm ok with this one because it was a great fight and a lot closer than most expected. I'll also say, just as Gatti's out, is Paulie in?

Pemberton over Manfredo
This was tough for me because I had met both guys and they were very nice to me. I took Scottie because he had the heavier hands and Peter wasn't proven at 168. I never took into account Freddie Roach. My B.

Mormeck over Bell
Easy to explain. Mormeck destroyed Brathwaite and Bell squeaked by his last two fights. I didn't realize Bell's chin was so sturdy and that Mormeck was so susceptible to tiring.

Judah over Baldomir
If anyone picked Baldomir let me know. I want to shake your hand.

I hope that clears some things up. I want people to have faith in me and trust my judgment. So hears to hoping the rest of the year goes well.(gulp!)

2 comments:

THE BRYGUY said...

Do I sense sarcasim?! I think Jones will win. If he doesn't blow him out in a couple rounds he has to retire if he blows him out, I say one more decent winable fight to retire somewhat on top. Know what I mean. I won't make an official prediction because I was disgusted by the fact Jones was happy with not getting knocked out by Tarver in their third fight. Just see the entry Bryguy vs. Bozo.

THE BRYGUY said...

The worst part is some people are saying he looked good! Of course he looked good he fought a guy 21-11!