Friday, July 21, 2006

GATTI - BALDOMIR PREDICTION


gattibaldomir
Let's see if I can make up for my despicable prediction last week. I completely embarrassed myself with the thinking that Vargas would beat Mosley. This week there is one prediction I can guarantee, Gatti-Baldomir will be much more entertaining fight. I've seen a few people predicting Baldomir to take this one. I have to disagree. Although I give Baldomir major respect, not just for beating Zab Judah in January, but also for not losing a fight since 1998. He is a tough opponent who has a solid chin and will keep coming forward. I just don't see a guy like this beating Gatti. Maybe the Gatti of old, but recently he has gone back to boxing rather than brawling.(Of course you need to excuse his appearance against Mayweather.) If Zab had been prepared and not such a head case he could have beaten Baldomir. I've never seen Gatti not prepared. Zab also thought he needed the knockout to lock down the Mayweather deal, going for it probably hurt him in the end. Gatti doesn't need to look fancy in this performance, he's proved everything he needed to over his career. All Gatti needs to do is leave the ring with the belt.
PREDICTION: GATTI UD


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 2-2. Gatti couldn't hurt him.

THE BRYGUY said...

I just can't catch a break! I will do better I promise!