Thursday, January 26, 2006

gatti
ARTURO GATTI VS. THOMAS DAMGAARD

This fight for some reason is atough one for The Bryguy to pick. Not that I think so highly of Damgaard.(I've never seen him fight.) It's just the last time we saw Arturo Gatti he looked like a Bop-Bag.
bozo
Mayweather beat him down so badly, it seemed as if he had no skill at all. I don't know why I'm letting that fight bother me. "Pretty Boy" would make 90% of the boxers in the game look that way. So I'm still going to pick Gatti in this one, but I'm nervous about it. The reason I think he wins is Damgaard is a protected fighter. His last fight was an 8 rounder against a guy whose record was 1-6. A boxer who is 37-0 should not be fighting a guy with only seven fights under his belt. It seems like Damgaard has been holding on to his undefeated record just to get a fight like this one. Poor Thomas will get his first loss Saturday night, and Arturo Gatti will once again be in the midst of another comeback. Prediction: Gatti KO 9

No comments: