Friday, December 23, 2005

HOPKINS - JONES II
March 11, 2006

It is kind of crazy that I write an article saying one fight I would love to see is Hopkins-Jones II and one week later it happens. I wonder if they got the idea from the BRYGUY. If so do you think they want to be a part of B.G.N.S.?(See previous blog entry.) Any way I must say I am a big fan of this fight for numerous reasons. First, They both need this fight. Jones looked like a clown in his last fight against Tarver. As for Hopkins he has never been exciting to watch but with the two Taylor fights he hit a new low. Second, as I said in my previous article these two guys still match up similarly to the way they did 12 years ago. In fact they are both more vulnerable now. Which I think makes it a much more interesting fight. Third, I love a fight with hype that has the possibility of crossing into the mainstream. ESPN will do more on this fight than they would any other. Fourth, it makes me look cool for writing about it last week! I think Jones will win the fight. He showed glimpses of his old self in the Tarver fight and he knows Hopkins can't knock him out. Also Taylor proved that if you don't get sucked into a typical Hopkins fight you can beat him. There aren't any titles on the line, just something far more important LEGACY. Each guy would love to ride off into the sunset with a big win, and it wouldn't get any bigger than this. It's a $50 PPV and the BRYGUY will gladly fork over the money and you're all invited. If it's a close fight could we be looking at a trilogy? OOOOOOOOH! I'll save that for next time. I gotta go drinking.

No comments: