Thursday, September 29, 2005

GET OFF ROY'S BACK:

I am reading article after article about how Roy Jones Jr. is going to get knocked out by Antonio Tarver on Saturday. I for one think Roy is going to come back and show the world what an elite fighter he is. I know some people think he lost the first fight to Tarver, but those people are wrong. Roy Jones won that fight he just didn't dominate like everyone was used to seeing. Everyone paid more attention to Roy not beating up Tarver and less attention to the actual fight. I've also seen the articles claiming he has a glass jaw. This is B.S. he took some very solid shots from heavyweight John Ruiz.(and say what you want about Ruiz, but the man can punch.) The major difference between the Ruiz fight and the Tarver-Johnson fights was fire. When watching the Ruiz fight there is a fire in Roy's eyes that said he wasn't kidding around. He took that fight very seriously and you can almost see at the beginning of the fight he was even nervous. For the Tarver-Johnson fights Roy came into the ring dry and unemotional. This can be disastrous for a fighter. Roy needed some motivation maybe even some fear, something to bring out that intensity or fire he had when stepping up to the heavies. Another reason I feel Roy will win, boxing is all about the unexpected. I think people have forgotten this. Was anyone saying before Jones-Tarver II that Roy would get knocked out? Did anyone think George Foreman would KO Michael Moorer at 45 years old? Who said that Vinny Paz would not only box again after suffering a broken neck, but also become a world champion? Nobody thought I would remember my summer, but they were wrong.(I remember parts.) On Saturday night I feel Roy Jones will pull off a miracle and defeat Tarver easily. Just to let you know if he does get knocked out this weekend I will be removing this article from my blog and denying I ever wrote it.

No comments: